12.07.2009

I had been looking forward to Thanksgiving for SO LONG. First, my parents came out to Utah early, and it was so much fun to have them. Then we caravaned down to Arizona. On the second day of travel. Pearl was in the car with my parents and threw up twice, but never really acted sick, just disturbed she had vomited all over herself and had to be changed and wiped down while it was freezing outside (I'd like to congratulate my Dad for keeping it in himself. I'm sure Grandpa Daines would be proud). Because she hadn't acted sick, I assumed it was car sickness. However, that night she started running a fever. I felt bad because she'd played with all her cousins that day. Oops. The next one to get sick was me at 2:30 Thanksgiving morning. Kind of ruined the day for me.





I did manage to get myself presentable to take family pictures. Where would I be without this sibling picture or the memory of how much my brother didn't want to be there taking it with us?

The next day the trip was pretty much ruined for everyone else. My Dad, Jennifer and Collin all got the stomach flu. Also on Friday, Rebecca, Natalie and Pearl started losing their voice. (At least Rebecca was the source of that germ though. Wouldn't I feel awful if we'd brought ALL of it?) By the time we were driving into Provo Saturday night, Pearl was so sick with cough, congestion and fever, Greg just dropped me off at the ER. And then Mona and Greg got it, and then me.

Even if we did share too many germs, I loved being with family and wouldn't have missed it for anything! I wish we lived closer to cousins! Pearl talks about them all the time.

She likes to use the word Fa'anunu for everything.
Sometimes it replaces words she doesn't know, as in "Get me that Fa'anunu."
Sometimes she just rhymes with it: "Fa'anunu ba'anunu sa'anunu"
Other times it's an insult: "You Fa'anunu head."

I asked her, "Do you like to say Fa'anunu" and her response was, "That's a silly Fa'anunu."
Three years is a strange age.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  1. THE GROWS said...
    Those are such cute family pics. Your girls a soo cute
    Wareeth Al Sahim said...
    HAHAHAHAHA this is so old. Word of advice, my friends, as of right now, this is the easiest way to find out stuff about you from online.

Post a Comment